Plans as low as $0 monthly premiums
Find the right Medicare plan for you
- 2023 Medicare Advantage Plan Facts for Aurora
- Why Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- Medicare Advantage Companies in Aurora
- Top 0 Medicare Advantage Insurance Companies in Aurora
- 2023 Aurora Medicare Advantage Plans
- Top 0 Medicare Advantage Plans with the Highest Star Ratings in Aurora
- Types of Medicare Advantage Plans Available in Aurora
- When to Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan in Aurora
- Medicare Doctors Near Me in Aurora, Illinois
- Frequently Asked Questions
While there are 125 Medicare Advantage plans in Illinois, there are 0 plans available to you in Aurora, Illinois. Aurora is located in DuPage County. Connie Health gathered the plan cost and coverage information that matters most to you. Continue reading to discover the Medicare Advantage plan right for your health & budget and when to enroll.
2023 Medicare Advantage Plan Facts for Aurora
- 35.90% of Medicare beneficiaries are enrolled in a Medicare Advantage plan in Aurora.
- All Medicare beneficiaries in Aurora have access to a $0 premium plan.
- There are 0 $0 premium Medicare Advantage plans available in Aurora.
- For those that pay a premium, the average is None per month.
- The average out-of-pocket maximum is None per year.
- The average prescription drug plan deductible (for plans that include Part D) is None per month.
- There are 0 plans available in Aurora that Medicare rated four stars or higher.
- There are 0 Medicare Advantage plan types you can choose from, including: None.
Why Choose a Medicare Advantage Plan?
There are three primary reasons you may choose to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan:
- Low or no-cost monthly premiums,
- Lower out-of-pocket costs, and
- Additional benefits such as comprehensive dental, vision, hearing, and more.
1. Low or no-cost monthly premiums
You have access to a Medicare Advantage plan as low as $0 monthly. If you don't qualify for a $0 premium plan, the average is None per month. This premium is low, especially compared to a Medicare Supplement plan or your Part B premiums.
2. Lower out-of-pocket costs
Original Medicare doesn't cap their out-of-pocket costs, so you could end up with unexpectedly high medical bills. With Original Medicare Part B, you must pay the premium, deductible, and 20% coinsurance for Medicare-approved services and procedures. The 20% can add up.
3. Additional benefits not available with Original Medicare
Want routine dental coverage? Medicare Part A (hospital insurance) and Medicare Part B (medical insurance) don't offer comprehensive dental, vision, or hearing coverage. These services would be entirely out-of-pocket for you.
The good news? Medicare Advantage plans have low or no-cost premiums, an out-of-pocket maximum, offer additional benefits, and are regulated by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). With a Medicare Advantage plan, you could receive prescription drug coverage, routine dental, vision, hearing, transportation, reduced cost-sharing, a gym membership, and more.
New to Medicare?
Explore essential resources for beginners.
Medicare Advantage Companies in Aurora
Top 0 Medicare Advantage Insurance Companies in Aurora
These 0 Medicare Advantage insurance companies enroll the largest amount of Medicare beneficiaries in Aurora. They offer the most popular plans.
2023 Aurora Medicare Advantage Plans
There are 0 Medicare Advantage plans to choose from in Aurora. Below are the many available options. Click on any of the links to review additional plan details.
Top 0 Medicare Advantage Plans with the Highest Star Ratings in Aurora
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) rates all Medicare Advantage plans on a scale of 1 to 5 stars. Plans with one star are considered “poor,” while those with five stars are considered “excellent.” Any plan that is four stars and higher is a “top-rated” plan. These are the plans with the highest star ratings in Aurora.
Find the right Medicare plan for you
Types of Medicare Advantage Plans Available in Aurora
There are 0 Medicare Advantage plan types you can choose from in Aurora. These include: None. Not sure which is the best plan for your health needs and budget? We'll walk you through the most popular plan types: HMO, PPO, and SNPs. At the end of this section, you'll understand the difference between these three most popular plan types.
Medicare Advantage HMO Plans
You have 0 Medicare Advantage HMO plans to choose from in Aurora. An HMO, or Health Maintenance Organization, is a type of health plan that limits coverage to in-network care from doctors who work for or contract with the HMO. Typically, HMO plans won't cover out-of-network care except in an emergency.
Medicare Advantage PPO Plans
There are 0 Medicare Advantage PPO plans in Aurora. A PPO, or Preferred Provider Organization, is a type of health plan where you pay less to use doctors in the plan's network. Unlike an HMO, you can see doctors and specialists and use a hospital outside the network without a referral for an additional cost.
Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plans (SNPs)
Special Needs Plans, or SNPs, are a type of Medicare Advantage plan. There are two types of Special Needs Plans that may be available to you: Chronic Special Needs Plans (C-SNP) and Dual Special Needs Plans (D-SNP).
Chronic Special Needs Plans (C-SNP) are limited to people with specific illnesses or characteristics. For example, you may qualify for a C-SNP if you have diabetes, End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD), HIV/AIDS, dementia, chronic heart failure, or other qualifying illness. Medicare C-SNPs tailor benefits, provider choices, and drug formularies to meet the needs of the special needs groups they serve.
You may qualify for a Dual Special Needs Plan (D-SNP) if you are eligible for Medicare and Medicaid. With a D-SNP, the State of Illinois may cover your Medicare costs, depending on your eligibility.
Veteran Benefits & Medicare
If you or your spouse are veterans, you likely have VA benefits. However, the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs encourages you to sign up for Medicare as soon as you are eligible. Here are three reasons you should speak to a local licensed agent about how VA benefits and Medicare work together:
- Having Medicare means you're covered when you need care from a non-VA hospital or doctor, which also offers you greater health options.
- VA benefits and health care could change in the future, so you should enroll in every health care benefit that you are eligible for.
- If you lose VA benefits and aren't enrolled in Medicare, you could face Medicare Part B and Part D lifetime late enrollment penalties.
When to Enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan in Aurora
Knowing when to enroll or make plan changes can help you save money.
Enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan for the first time, or are you interested in making a plan change? Skip to the section that applies to you - and mark the dates in your calendar.
Enroll for the First Time
If you're new to Medicare, the best time to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan is during your Initial Enrollment Period. If you miss that, you can still enroll during the General Enrollment Period (January 1 - March 31) or Special Enrollment Period, but likely with penalties.
Make a Plan Change
The best time to make a plan change is during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (October 15 - December 7). During this time, anyone enrolled in Medicare can review their plan options for the coming year and ensure that their plan choice meets their health and budget needs.
If you need to make a plan change because you moved to a new service area or lost coverage, among other reasons, you could qualify for a Special Enrollment Period.
Whether you're enrolling for the first time or making a plan change, a Medicare Advantage plan could fit your health and budget needs. Medicare in Illinois can be confusing, and you don't have to sift through your options alone.
Medicare Doctors Near Me in Aurora, Illinois
Struggling to find a trustworthy doctor who accepts your Medicare plan? It can be a daunting task but don't worry. With Connie Health, you can easily locate Medicare doctors near you.
No more endless phone calls or web searches. Our platform lets you enter your address and plan information (if you have it), and we'll do the rest. Let us help you eliminate the stress of finding a physician who accepts Medicare.
Why Connie Health
Frequently Asked Questions
Let us help you eliminate the stress of finding a physician who accepts Medicare. Find your Medicare doctor today.
Last updated: July 20, 2023